Saturday, February 11, 2012

Playing With Copic Markers

For such a long time, I had wanted to learn to color with markers after seeing some of the neatest things done with them. I had a complete set of Prismacolor Markers, but was never able to get the techniques down. I decided that I just wasn't going to be able to get the hang of it, and I gave up trying.

After being on the Cricut Circle message boards, I saw many people talking about Copic Sketch Markers. I saw so many neat pieces posted with Copics. I started thinking I wanted to try markers again. But of course, they are a bit pricey, so I had to wait til I could save up the money to get a set. Well, I was finally able to purchase a set recently! I got the Paper Crafting Set A 72 piece set. I've been playing around with them the last couple days and I am really satisfied with the results!! So far I've only been working on shading and some highlighting but I hope to start learning more techniques so I can make the most out of my Copics coloring experience.

Here is one of my first attempts at using the Copics.


3 comments:

  1. That looks beautiful, Jen! Love your shading! I recently got some Prisma colored pencils so I'm practicing with those until I can afford Copics. Coloring is so relaxing, takes me back to Kindergarten days, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on the shading with your flower! Pretty darn good for a first try!

    ReplyDelete