Sunday, March 18, 2012

Creative Color Challenge

I know it's been awhile since I last posted. School has been keeping me super busy! Luckily, I'm now on Spring break and have had the chance to sit down and do a little bit of crafting. I have been wanting to participate in some of the challenges on the Cricut Circle Message Board but haven't had the time to sit and create...until now!

I entered the Creative Color Challenge for this week. The colors for the challenge were Real Red, Bashful Blue, and Crumb Cake. Challenges like these are so great because they make you step outside the box from your normal styles of crafting.


For my card, I used the three required colors and added the green to the mix. The "thinking of you" sentiment was stamped on a cut from the Close To My Heart Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge. The flower was cut from the Kate's ABCs Cricut cartridge. The blue part of the card was embossed with my Cuttlebug and D'vine Swirls embossing folder. I added some ribbon to cover up the seam between the blue and green. I added some hot fix crystals to the sentiment tag. For the flower, I used Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in pearl to give it a shiny look and I added a pearl to the center to finish it off.

Now it's time to go work on another challenge and get some other crafty things done! I'm going to make the most of my time off from school and really get my craft on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment