Monday, March 19, 2012

Once Upon a Princess Cartridge Challenge

I decided to participate in another weekly challenge over on the Cricut Circle message board. This one was a cartridge challenge using any image from the Once Upon a Princess Cricut cartridge. Since I don't have anyone to make princess themed stuff, I found this butterfly image. I decided I wanted a 3-D effect on this card, so I cut two out of every layer on the butterfly image. I then added Glossy Accents to the light blue parts (it's hard to tell in the photo though, sorry!) and Stickles (color Aqua) to the dark teal parts. I used some double sided foam tape to make the top butterfly stand out from the bottom butterfly to help with the 3-D effect.

Once I had my butterfly completed, I made the card base with the dark teal paper and the light blue paper for the liner. (I have recently started making my own card bases since I got the Martha Stewart Scoreboard. I'm really loving that thing!) I decided I wanted to use some ribbon on this project as well, so I found a ribbon that coordinated. I cut a length long enough to go across the bottom of the card and to wrap around and adhere between the card base and the liner on the inside of the card. Then I made a double bow. I cut two different lengths of ribbon and on each piece I adhered the ends together to make little loops. I found a nice looking teal button and used baker's twine to secure the button to the ribbon and cinched the ribbon to create the bow and secured the entire piece by tying the twine into a knot and trimming the excess twine. I then adhered the butterfly to the card base and stamped the "Thinking of You" sentiment at the bottom.



Thank you for taking the time to come and check out my latest project!

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable! I love the butterfly with all the layers and sparkle! Beautiful card!
    Hus :)
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete